2006年12月16日

I am very tired

This week I have been busy. Every day, I slept very late and got up very early, no enough sleep. In addition, I held a Birthday dinner party for a friend on Thursday night and spent five hours buying a new computer yesterday afternoon (Friday) , then did many chores after going home from the Internet cafe, after that, I chatted with my friend (she lived in my house last night). Therefore, I was too tired and excited to sleep well last night. I woke up many times. Fortunately, I may sleep in tomorrow. :)

这个星期我一直都很忙,每天晚睡早起,睡眠不足。而且,星期四晚上为朋友办了一个生日宴会,昨天下午又花了五个小时的时间买了一台电脑,晚上从网吧回来以后又做了很多家务,之后又和朋友聊了一会儿天(她昨天晚上住在我家里)。因此,昨天晚上因过于劳累和兴奋而没有睡好,醒了好多次。幸运的是,明天我就可以睡个懒觉了。

5 条评论:

Unknown 说...

你星期天休惜吗?
我认为你值得休息。
你的英文翻译很好,我希望我的中文像你的英文一样。
我应该多练习。;)

Did you manage to rest on Sunday?
I think you deserve to.
You English translation is very good, I wish that my Chinese was as good as your English.
I must practice more.

liulianxiaoyu 说...

Chris, Your Chinese is really good.

Yes, I did have a rest yesterday and I feel really good now.

I think your Chinese must be as good as my English one day. :)

In addition, I think that "我认为你应该休息" is better than "我认为你值得休息". "deserve" two meanings: to be worthy(值得) or to be deserving(应得, 应该得到). I think here you means "to be deserving". In addition, even if "deserve" means "应得,应该得到", We just say "我认为你应该休息" or "我认为你应该得到休息" (the former is much better than the latter). We do not say "我认为你应得休息" .

I hope that my English explanation on "deserve" is correct. :)

Unknown 说...

Thank you your explanation is perfect :)

liulianxiaoyu 说...

My Pleasure. :)

liulianxiaoyu 说...

Sorry, I forget to tell you that "休息" of "我认为你应该休息" is a verb and "休息" of "我认为你应该得到休息" is a noun.

:)