2007年1月18日

Am I a Newbie(菜鸟)?

Although I do not think I am a 大虾(sorry, I do not know how to say it in English), I am absolutely not a newbie(菜鸟) in computer-operating and internet-surfing. However, something happened today makes me start doubting it. Maybe, I am still one of newbies though I have helped some people solve their computer or internet problems (they are big newbies.:))

I have been in www.chinesepod.com/forum for several months. But I never thought I could delete my own posts. Therefore, I always asked for administrators when I needed. Of course, they are always kind and help me. I did not see it until today when one of the administrators told me I can delete it by myself when I wanted to delete my repeated post and asked for him again. I feel a little bit embarrassed.

2 条评论:

Unknown 说...

Hi Keyu,
I think you can just say "expert" for
大虾.

Newbie is slang for a beginner, but often we just use expert (not slang) for someone who knows what they are doing.

Sometimes we say "big fish" but that means important and powerful (sometimes experts are important and powerful).

You are not a newbie by the way ;)

liulianxiaoyu 说...

Thank you.

"大虾" and "菜鸟" are the internet language. are "Newbie" and "Expert" also the internet language here? I know that "Expert" is also a very formal word and we say "专家" in Chinese.